From: owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list@mulberrytech.com]On Behalf Of Pollington, Lee
(ELSLON)
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 8:40 AM
To: 'xsl-list@mulberrytech.com'
Subject: Which engine? (RE: JavaScript and XSL)

I am currently putting some recommendations together for my company as to
which parsers & XSLT engines we should use. Now I'd love not to recommend
MSXML as from what I have seen it does not implement XSLT. However the need
for speed is always thrown back. That's an argument in itself, I prefer
early rendering and/or caching, but there can be times you need to parse &
transform on the fly.

I suppose XT might be a compromise, however I don't believe it is 100%
compliant (please correct me). Really I'd like to use Saxon as it is well
supported and has excellent compliance and error messages, but is a little
slow.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions as to criteria or arguments
(details as opposed to "it's bad") I can use then please let me know.

regards
Lee