RE: Including JavaScript

>Is there a way to do something like that in xsl:
>
><xsl:value-of select="<xsl:value-of select="@pattern">"/>

Mm, I think it's

<xsl:value-of select="@*[name() = @pattern]"/>

This gets the value of the attribute whose name appears as the value of the
pattern attribute.

<xsl:value-of select="{@pattern}"/> doesn't work because the value of the
'select' attribute is already evaluated as an XPath expression, so the AVT
{ } syntax is meaningless and erroneous. In XSLT 1.0, you can't create
XPath expressions on the fly (though that would be a useful function and
Saxon, for example, can do this through an extension).

Regards,
Wendell