Re: Installing MSXML 3 (Sept) on Windows 2000

In a message dated 04/10/00 11:02:52 GMT Daylight Time, LGoddard@VHN.NET
writes:

> I've read the
>  http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm
>  faq, but to no avail.
>
>  I'm trying to install MSXML3 (Sept release) on
>  a Windows 2000 machine.  This is the first intall
>  of MSXML beta, the OS was only installed yesterday,
>  and the test stylesheets and XML pages work as
>  expected on machine running MSXML (Aug) and Win98(FE).
>
>  Problem: MSI runs fine, but (for eg) Jeni's site
>  doesn't display in XML without errors, and I can't
>  find a copy of xmlinst anywhere on the disk.
>
>  I'd be grateful for any help....
>
>  Thanks in anticipation,
>  lee goddard

Lee,

XMLInst was removed from the September Release. It is available separately on
the Microsoft.com site.

It is accessible from the left frame on this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/topic.asp?URL=/msdn-
files/028/000/072/topic.xml

I hope that helps.

Andrew Watt