"Breaking Out" of an xsl transformation

We are converting an XML document to another type of xml document based.  Based
on data discovered in the process, we do not what to do any further processing.
The question how does one do that so no the XSLT processor does not output
anything.  I've enclosed a snippet that does not do a transform if the "ignore"
tag exists, but it still produces the "<?xml?>" node.  We figured we could do a
little walk after the processing is done to see if the tree is *only* a root
node and drop it if so, but we were hoping for a more meta-"drop the whole
thing" solution.

Make sense, Any ideas?

Thanks  much, Tim

<?xml version="1.0"?>