Re: testing for several different conditions

Nick, thanks much.  This did the trick.  I appreciate your taking the
trouble to dig through old books on my behalf!

I agree with the arguments for upgrading--I'd much prefer to--but right now
corporate policy dictates that for this project we produce something that
will transform for users with IE5 as shipped, so until they generally
release an XSLT compliant browser, I'm stuck...  For other stuff that I can
transform in house, I am starting to use real XSLT with Instant Saxon.

And Andrew, thanks for the pointer to the vbxml list on egroups.com for
further help with this obsolete stuff.

Eric