Re: testing for several different conditions

Eric, having looked through some 'old' books I think the problem is that early
versions of MSXML only allow boolean operators inside a predicate. One even
showed the syntax of xsl:if to use a 'match' attribute in place of 'test',
suggesting that only a valid path was/is allowed.

If you change your line to :

   <xsl:if test= ".[(//bookmark/@name = @internal) $or$ (@internal =
'whatnext' $and$ //next)]">

This is accepted without error though whether it gives the answers you require
I'm not sure - it looks OK !

The advice to upgrade is probably the best though I appreciate this may not be
practical given restrictions on your environment.

Regards
Nick Browne
Slipstone Ltd