Re: radio button default

> In my experience I've found that just specifiying a checked attribute
> irrespective of it's value works (in IE4+ anyway).  For example:

The SGML mechanism of using an attribute value without specifying
the name of the attribute is a minimisation feature that wasn't copied
into XML, and so the XML equivalent is to specify the attribute name
as well as the value.

In the case of the HTML attributes that commonly used this feature, the
attribute name is the same as the value, so in this case, that should be

checked="checked"

If you are using the html output method, most XSL systems will linearise
this as just

checked

David