From: DuCharme, Robert [mailto:Robert.DuCharme@moodys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 5:34 PM
To: 'xsl-list@mulberrytech.com'
Subject: RE: last attribute ?

>Why would the attributes not be processed in document order?  If they are
>not, how can this be forced?

The term "document order" doesn't apply to a particular element's
attributes. Order doesn't matter with attributes; <test color="red"
age="2"/> and <test age="2" color="red"/> are the same to an XML parser.

What kind of app are you creating output for that cares about attribute
order? It's not a conformant XML parser, and I've never heard of an HTML
application (browser or otherwise) that cared about attribute order.

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii