Re: testing node type

Mike, having just spent a while re-testing, checking the spec and composing a
response to your original, I log in and find your new message !!!

I agree that the other solution proffered is the right one and I admit that I
did not base my solution on the (obscure) fact that comparing empty node sets
gives a false result.

I did have a look at using generate-id() to get around your second point. The
result of this being that it then made your first point true, since the function
returns an empty string for an empty node set. In fact, the second point would
also occur if the string-value of a following element was equal to the
string-value of the next comment.

Thanks for this learning experience.

Regards
Nick Browne