Re: [ ? ] Is it possible to generate the URI...

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 09:19:19 +0100, Kay Michael wrote:
> > Subject: [ ? ] Is it possible to generate the URI...
> > ...for an xsl:include href dynamically?
>
> No. In earlier discussion on this list we came to the conclusion that people
> who ask for this have generally adopted the wrong design approach. You are
> probably writing a general-purpose stylesheet which tries to include the
> stylesheet that handles a particular special case, and therefoer needs to
> include different sub-stylesheets depending on the situation. Instead you
> should include (or import) the general-purpose stylesheet into the
> special-purpose one, and the requirement will disappear.

 I don't ever agree with your point.
 I have an example that I can't manage as you suggest. I have a stylesheet
 of default rules and a bunch of completely orthogonal stylesheets.
 Due to orthogonality, every user can freely add a new stylesheet.
 When I apply the stylesheets, I want to choose "on the fly" the right
 combination of stylesheets to use. I don't know in advance what combination
 I want and so your suggestion does not work.

 Or am I missing something?

 						Regards,
						 C.S.C.

P.S: Just to understand the situation, the source files are formalized
 mathematical theorems and the stylesheets are mathematical notations.
 Every stylesheet is about a set of related mathematical definitions.
 Every definition usually have more than a notation ==> usually have
 more than a stylesheet. The user can choose freely the notation just
 before looking at the theorem. Two stylesheets are orthogonal when
 they refer to disjoint sets of definition.