RE: XSLT: DTD referencing

A question from a newbie to XSLT:

I am using an editor XML Spy 3.0, while cross checking the XSLT template I
am given an error: Unable to locate a supported schema, reference kind.
Where exactly do I reference the DTD. Here's the code.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:output method="html" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"
indent="yes" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"/>
	<xsl:template match="/">

Cheers,
The Novice

Private, confidential and privileged.  This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and/or privileged.  They are intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. The content of
this email and any file or attachment transmitted with it may have been hanged or ltered without the consent of the author.  If you are not the intended receipient, please note that any review, dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation or transmission of this email and/or any file or attachment transmitted with it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this email or any attachment transmitted with it in error, please notify postmaster@ebeon.com