ancestor counting

Hi there,

My problem concerning XSLt is as following.
I've got a XML document which more or less looks something like this:

<tree>
	<branch>
		<branch></branch>
	</branch>

	<branch>
		<branch>
			<branch></branch>
		</branch>
	</branch>

	<branch></branch>
	<branch></branch>
<tree>

I've got some branches within branches, and I'm not aware how many branches
there are and to which level they can grow.
So actually I want to know how many ancestors the branch has got.
How can I do this?

Ronald Heller
Salience BV
Villawal 21