RE: Unpredictable evaluation of boolean in XPath expression

> Subject: Unpredictable evaluation of boolean in XPath expression
> This is interesting and infuriating.

There's nothing obviously wrong with your logic, see if you get the same
results with different XSLT processors (if you do, you know it's your
problem and not a bug)

> I tested this as a fix:
>
> <xsl:choose>
> <xsl:when test="//enhancementList/graphic or //enhancementList/text">
> <xsl:variable name="enhancementRows"> 45px,60px,* </xsl:variable>
> </xsl:when>
> <xsl:otherwise>
> <xsl:variable name="enhancementRows"> 45px,* </xsl:variable>
> </xsl:otherwise>
> </xsl:choose>
>
> and found that it results in an error, at the line with
> <xsl:choose> in it.

This isn't an error, but it's useless: the variables go out of scope as soon
as they are declared. Which product is reporting an error, and what's the
error message? (we aren't clairvoyant, you know!)

Mike Kay