Re: more XSLT Processor

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@baan.nl>

> > I am looking for the XSLT Processor, does anyone know where
> > can I find it for free? Currently I'm using James Clark's xt
> > which implement DOM and it is slow. Can somebody tell me
> > where can i find the XSLT Processor that can implement SAX?
> > Thank you.
>
> - xt implements SAX as well as DOM.

I think there is some misunderstanding. XT does
not 'implement SAX'. I'l say that XT ( the only XSLT
engine, I think ) is using SAX1 as the API to XT itself.

There are 2 separate parts in XT :

- one part ( slow ) takes SAX, builds DOM and transforms DOM
- another part ( default, fast ) takes SAX, builds OM and transforms OM.
( See more on www.4xt.org )

> - More XSLT processors: http://www.xmlsoftware.com/xslt/
> - If you want to stop using xt, try SAXON, it's a good choice.

None of existing XSLT processors have design other than XT
( there are some differences of course, but I think all of them
are based on proprietary OM-alike models, because 'plain DOM'
does not fly for XSLT ).

SAXON is a good choice. It has design similiar to XT, but
provides a different ( TRAX ) API.

Rgds.Paul.