XSL authorities

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Matthew Hixson wrote:

> Ah, perhaps that's why noone has an example.  I was led astray by the O'Reilly
> XML Pocket Reference (published in October of 1999), which documents xsl:macro.
> I wonder how many other non-existent elements this reference documents

Keep that for what the title claims to be and forget it for anything to do with XSLT. You can't do XSLT without a copy of Mike Kay's book. Better still, do what I did and buy two copies, so you keep at least one friend (Anybody who's ever had their Kay "borrowed" from their desk will know what I mean).
Then get on to Jeni Tennison's WebSite, http://www.jenitennison.com/

You need both of these fine folks. Mike resides God-like on the peaks of XSLT knowledge, but he has very good hearing and if you shout out your questions he will answer them, very concisely, through a megaphone. But you need a head for heights if you want to get anywhere near where he's at. Jeni is at home on the peaks too, but if you yell for help to her she abseils right down to where you are, ropes you up securely and guides you up every step of the way. The view from the top is great, and she's such a skilled guide you almost think you did the real climbing yourself.

Michael Beddow

]"ˊb֫rzm	+^r(llX