Re: XSLT and SVG

Chris Bayes wrote:

> Your question prompted me to play around with this a little. I decided that
> one of the difficult things to do was to change a css property within a
> style attribute. Normally I would do my styling solely within my xslt
> stylesheet and ignore any styling in the xml document but with SVG you have
> your styling in the source document so it is not that easy.

Just pointing out that nothing precludes using style elements of external
stylesheets in SVG. Also, why edit a style attribute? Why not just add a
selector of higher specificity that overrides the property you want to
change?

> So I decided to write an xslt that would change one css property of the xml
> in the stylesheet. If you want to change more than one or two then it is
> probably easier to just replace the style attribute but they can get quite
> large so you wouldn't want to do that for just say the fill or stroke
> colour.
> [...]
> So what looked like a simple answer to a simple problem *isn't*. Maybe Ms
> and Mike can shed some light on this

I think this is a case where server-side DOM 2 makes more sense than
server-side XSL-T.

--
Chris