Re: Dynamic xml file generation with Cocoon

Robert,

This sounds like exactly what I need. I've tried it, but unfortunately I
get an error from Cocoon when I call the page:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager

Obviously, it looks as if Cocoon is unable to find the required class, but
I'm not sure how to make it recognised (I'm very new to Cocoon). If anyone
could give me a pointer on how to solve this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Iain Campbell

At 19:22 15/09/2000 +0100, you wrote:

>----------
>From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
>Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:58:24 -0700
>To: xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
>Subject: Re: Dynamic xml file generation with Cocoon
>
>Use this:
><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>     xmlns:lxslt="http://xml.apache.org/xslt"
>     xmlns:redirect="org.apache.xalan.xslt.extensions.Redirect"
>     extension-element-prefixes="redirect">
>
><xsl:template match="whatever">
>
>    <redirect:write file="../../Chapters/{@id}/file1.xml">
>
>----****  what you want to write to the file1.xml ****------
>
>    </redirect:write>
>

></xsl:template>
>

> > I need to generate and save an xml file with Cocoon. I have an XSP page
> > which connects to a MySQL database and runs a query. Everything works as
>it
> > should, but I need to save the resultant xml file automatically, for
> > further transformations later.
> >
> > I have barked up every tree I can find, but none appears to have been the
> > right one! If anyone can suggest a way for this to be carried out, I would
> > be greatly appreciative.

iain campbell

DOT new media
www.dotco.co.uk