Re: Using xsl:if to determine if a node is empty.

Roger,

> I am trying to determine if a node is empty so that
> I can print a line or not.  I have tried several different variations of
> template matching and xsl:if statements and have not been able to get
> anywhere.
>
> Here is the latest thing that I have tried which seems to match evertime
> through so the text is coming out even on empty tags.
>
> <xsl:template match="VENDOR_ITEM_NUM">
> 	<xsl:variable name="empty_tag"></xsl:variable>
> 			<xsl:if test="$empty_tag != .">

empty_tag is an empty node-set, while . is one node: self::node()
resp. VENDOR_ITEM_NUM.
So the test is always true.

> 			<xsl:value-of select="concat('Vendor Item number:
> ',.)"/>
> 			</xsl:if>
> </xsl:template>

Have a look at the FAQ to get some clues:
http://www.dpawson.freeserve.co.uk/xsl/N3328.html

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |