RE: XSLT V 1.1

Someone seems to have swallowed the original mail so here's a repost (w/o)
attatchment in case this was the cause.

This looks better, however I think that this will cut the possiblities you
have with the current document function. I re-read the specification
yesterday evening and this is what I came up with. The document function
allows you to do the following (use case), please correct me if I am wrong.

- allows you to retrieve the root node of the stylesheet [document("")]
- allows you to retrieve a single document relative to the stylesheet
[document('URI')]
- allows you to retrieve a single document relative to an arbitrary node
[document('URI', nodeSet)]

up to this your function (document(string, string?)) works well, but
consider this

- allows you to retrieve more than one document, stored in an xml node-set
(<nodeName>URI</nodeName>), relative to the stylesheet [document(nodeSet)]
- allows you to retrieve more than one document, stored in an xml node-set
(<nodeName>URI</nodeName>), relative to an arbitrary node [document(nodeSet,
nodeSet)]

This allows you to reference a predefined set of resources. This especially
gets interesting if you consider this

document(document('relative URI', .), .)
document(document('relative URI', .), document('relative URI'))

and further combinations of this.

I enclosed a zip file with some code to show these use cases.

I admitt that this might also be possible with your suggestion, however I
think that in the long-run will produce longer, and more difficult code as
you will have nested
<apply-templates select="document()"/> statements.

Axel