Re: dtd

At 04:42 PM 09/14/2000 -0400, xsl list wrote:
>I am writing the dtd of an XML file that contains special tags, based on
>HTML tags. For example, the XSL generates <table> from <my_table>.
><my_table> takes any attribute valid for the html <table>. How can I
>declare such an element, my_table, in the dtd?
>Is there a way to do that without having to write down all possible
>I can use them?

I don't know if it's ready for prime time yet, but the XHTML 1.1 Working
Draft calls for "modules" -- chunks of the XHTML DTD that can be
incorporated into other applications in the way I think you want. There's
one for forms, one for images, etc., including one for tables. See:
    http://web3.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xhtml-modularization-20000105/xhtml_modules.html#sec_4.6

You might want to ask about its status on the XHTML-L list. See:
    http://www.egroups.com/group/XHTML-L
for subscription and other info.