Re: My favourite XSLT enhancement requests

| XSLT specification provides the adequate mechanism for this -
| extensions. Of course, currently there is no standard mechanism for
| communication between XSLT stylesheets and scripts, but, since we talk
| about future development why not to concentrate efforts on the
| specification of such mechanism rather than on the creation of the
| particular additional XSLT features?

Alexey,

Please see:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt11req.html

This is the first working draft of the requirements for
XSLT 1.1, wherein standardizing the extension function
mechanism for ECMAScript and Java (and allowing for
other languages) is being worked on by the XSL Working Group
which includes as members the implementors of all of best
known XSLT engines like (in alphabetical order)
MSXSL3, NovellXSL, OracleXSL, Saxon, Xalan, and xt.

Thanks.
BC4J & XSQL Servlet Development Teams, Oracle Rep to XSL WG
Author "Building Oracle XML Applications", O'Reilly
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp/