RE: Improving performance for huge files with XSLT

>Hi,
>I'm using XSLT to convert xml files into other xml files. I have to
>convert huge xml files (containing, e.g. 50000/100000 nodes), but the
>perfomance is becoming a real problem: it takes more or less 20 minutes
>to convert a file with 100000 nodes.
>Are there some general methods to improve the performance with huge xml
>files? Did somebody encounter the same problem? How did you solve it?

I found that with the document I was processing (79mb) most of the time
spent was actually swapping data from memory to hard disk and back. So
unless you want to get another 512MB of ram :) I suggest you increase your
permanent swap-flie size to something large (I'm assuming you're using an OS
which supports swap-files). For the document I was transforming, increasing
the default swap file size to 350MB sped things up quite a lot.
M@
Warning: This email, including any attachments,
is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.
Republication and redissemination,
including posting to news groups or web pages,
is strictly prohibited without the express prior consent of Brooker's Limited.