Re: My favourite XSLT enhancement requests

> In other words, dynamically scoped variables (instead of or
> in addition to to statically scoped ones)

Yes.  Perl calls them `local', I think.

You have a point in that they are out of fashion, probably for a good
reason.  I have to admit that I wouldn't ask for them if there was a
less lengthy parameter passing syntax. Anyone for Michael Kay's
suggestion of functions defined as templates (just recenly, IIRC
xsl:function was his proposal)?  They would be most cool!  And do away
with almost all of my named templates...  And wonder of wonders,
parameters would be easier to pass and most likely I wouldn't be asking
for this feature :-)

Even if templates-as-functions existed, I'd probably be asking to be
able to construct the function name dynamically for multi-choice
dispatching.  An evaluate() function would solve that very nicely.
Together with the templates as functions it would make a most useful
tool!

Cheers,
//lat
--
Smith & Wesson: The original point and click interface.