Re: XSLT Engine for Linux

* John Robert Gardner

| I saw the "customizable using XSL and CSS" and so had asked to learn
| the extent--i.e., XSL extent--of the "customizable" -- so this is
| not transformative, then?  I'm assuming you have used it?

I have not, I just read the presentation on the web pages.

Well, what I'm saying is that it doesn't seem to be a Linux
application or a Java application or anything like that.  What I'm
trying to say is that it seems to me to be an XML application
implemented using XSLT.

Ie: XSLies does not seem to be an XSLT _engine_, like SAXON, Sablotron
or xt, but an XSLT _application_, something implemented as an XSLT
stylesheet and requiring an XSLT engine to be run.

| Following the spec., since any XSL processing is a transformation -
| in section 1 ". . . when XSLT is trandorming into the XSL formatting
| vocabulary, the transformation functions as a stylesheet" -- this is
| a part of the spec that left it unclear to me where the actual use
| of XSL and the transformation engine would define this Linux tool.

I have no idea what you are trying to say here, sorry.

--Lars M.