-----Original Message-----
From: AndrewWatt2000@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2000@aol.com]

  <xsl:template match="page">
    <xsl:for-each select="index">
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:template>

Eric,

I am not precisely sure what it is you want to do. You didn't say. At the
moment your code seems to say for each <index> element do nothing. So, on
that basis, I would expect it to produce nothing within the <xsl:for-each>.

However, perhaps you wanted to achieve something like this. This works
adequately on Saxon. It doesn't produce anything spectacular but produces
output of the value of the entry attribute for each <index> element.

<xsl:template match="page">
<xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
   <xsl:for-each select="index">
   <xsl:value-of select="@entry"/>

THIS IS NOT SHOWING UP  <!--*** problem here  -->

   </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

I guess it may be something like that that you wanted to produce.

Within the <xsl:for-each> element you need to define the processing you want

to be carried out.

I hope that helps.

Andrew Watt