Can XSL/XSLT draw nodes/applets

I began learning XML a few months ago and found myself brought to XSL/XSLT.
I am trying to know if XSLT enables the drawing of tree-structured
nodes/applet (not the explorer like TreeViewer we see in XML parsers'
examples) like the ones you can draw using JAVA, but it's really slow. I
searched the archive using "graph" or "nodes" but couldn't come up with
anything close, no luck with the XSL/XSLT specifications as well. Can
anyone broaden my horizons.

Thanks.

Yenhooi