RE: Problem with ignoring system ID of Doctype

>Ok, this is a XML question :
>We have a lot of problems with the DOCTYPE call : it seems the system ID is

>mandatory (can someone confirm that ?). I know someone answered me about a
>catalog in XML, much like the library in SGML.

No, DOCTYPE is not mandatory: you use it to validate an XML document, if you
want only a well-formed XML you can not use it.

>Is there a standard for a parser (we use Oracle) that make it ignore the
>DTD and use the public ID when the system ID is not good ? Is there a
>standard way not to specify any system ID ? We keep our XML in a DB, and
>don't want to store the system ID of the editor, as it is absolute.

If you declare a SYSTEM identifier and a PUBLIC identifier I think the
parser tries to use the public before, the system after (I'm not sure ..)

>Another question is : Is there a way to make a URL absolute to the server,
>but without the server address ?

Check XML Base. Bye.

--
Paul Terray - terray@4dconcept.fr