Page breaks for text-only (not HTML) output?

Title:

I'm using XSLT to transform from XML to plain text for output to a printer. How do I get a page-break?

I'm using $xA for new line but can't seem to find a similar code for a page break.

I've seen commands like { page-break-before: always } but they only appear to work when transforming to HTML.

I thought about using Formatting Objects but the XML Bible leads me to believe that they are only supported for .pdf output and there are only two products which will translate them properly. PDF output isn't an option for this anyway. It's got to go directly to text and out the printer with breaks in the proper places.

Please help. Thanks.