RE: Contiguous Numbering

>The "count" attribute must be a pattern, and patterns
cannot use the
>precedng axis. Similarly from is a pattern and cannot
use the ancestor acis.
>I think you want
>
><xsl:number level="any" count="t[@attr]"
from="section"/>

I was somehow forgetting to put level="any" in my XSL
(I'm using an XSL editor). It also helped to read the
spec on xsl:number. *sigh*

Actually 'from' needed to be "body/section", but now it
works, thank you. (And thanks to eveyone else who
responded and told me the the answer ages ago too,
d'oh)

Colin