Re: XSLT V 1.1

----- Original Message -----
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de>

> > > The two-argument version of document( "where", /) allows me to use an XSL file on a
web
> > server, and still include files from the same directory as the original XML-file.
> >
> > I don't understand what is your rationale.  Could you please
> > provide the XSL ? In return I'l try to provide the invariant which
> > will work without document() with 2 prameters.
>
> May I step in?
> The following XSLT is available on
> http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker/copy.xslt

> <xslt:transform xmlns:xslt="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>                 version="1.0">
>
> <xslt:param name="input" />
>
> <xslt:template match="/">
>    <xslt:copy-of select="document($input,.)" />
> </xslt:template>
>
> </xslt:transform>
>
> It takes a file name as parameter and outputs (copies) its contents.
> So you can invoke saxon (e.g.) like this:
>
> saxon anything.xml http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker/copy.xslt
input=myfile.xml

> myfile.xml and anything.xml are in the same directory.
>
> How would you solve this without the second parameter of document() ?

I think  this should be a default behavior of document( URI ).

XSLT engine knows what is the system id of anything.xml, so it
should resolve the document(URI)  taking into account the
system id of anything.xml ( not the system id of xsl stylesheet ).

It should use system id of xsl stylesheet when resolving
xsl:include or  xsl:import, not when resolving document().

Or  I still don't understand what do you mean ( could be ).

Rgds.Paul.