Re: Special characters turn out as garbage in xslt->html conversi on

   > > Don't worry about the HTML, so long as it works in your browser!
   > >

   > Well, that's the problem, right? It doesn't work. That is,
   > when the href is "#%C3%81" and there isn't a matching name-tag, it's a
   dead
   > link.

   You're right, if the "href" attribute is escaped and the "name" attribute
   isn't, the results won't match up (in IE5). I'll change Saxon to escape
   both, as implied by the second note of Section B.2.1 in the HTML spec. If I
   do this, they match up correctly.

   Mike Kay

You still have the problem that if you are using id rather than name
or if (as recommended in xhtml 1.0) you are using both, then still they
don't match up and you can't % encode id attribute values as % isn't
a name char.

David