RE: How to output a subset of preceeding nodes

> What I need to do is to process all FN elements located prior
> to the current<P> element, BUT after the last set of <FN> elements I
> already processed!

There's no way of "remembering" what nodes you've already processed, you
need some kind of function that tells you. Then you want to process

preceding::FN[not(some-condition)]

where "some-condition" is a predicate that tells you if a node is already
processed.

Hope this gives you a pointer in the right direction.

Mike Kay