Re: XSLT and Text Processing Languages

James Robertson wrote:
> I think Omnimark will take as much memory is
> available, but no more.

Actually, I believe it takes all available processor time that it can,
but only allocates memory as needed.

I do remember, however, that once it allocates memory it doesn't always
give it back until the program has finished executing. So in otherwords,
if the program needs 400Mb at one point, the allocation will stay that
high until the program is done. Last I heard, the OmniMark folks were
working on this, since it has significant implications for server
programs that aren't supposed to terminate.

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor
rick.geimer@nsc.com