Re: XSLT and Text Processing Languages => XSL2.0 ?

Pawson, David wrote:
> > root
> >  |___text '<!DOCTYPE ...>' [+ output escaping disabled]
> >  |___element 'foo'
> >         |___ ...
>
> Thanks for the clarification Mike.
>   I'll skip the terminology, recognising that it needs special
> treatment, but bottom line, like Rick, I'd like to be able to
> output this particular 'external entity'.
>
> I'd hope (Dear messrs. Editors) that it would be considered
> for release 2.0

As Mike Kay pointed out, I didn't notice that later in the Output part of
the spec, it says that using disable-output-escaping lifts any
well-formedness restrictions.

This is just one of those things where the spec is carefully worded for
clarity from the "here are the results of using this instruction" point of
view, with few or no examples given for "if you're trying to achieve a
certain result, here's how to use this instruction to do it"...

I think more informative examples would help, but the wording of the
normative sections is probably fine.

   - Mike