RE: Matching attributes that contain both &pos; and "

From what I understand, ' and " get expanded by the xml pars3er
before the processor ever sees them, so they can't be used to solve this
particular problem.

To work around, you can define a variable that contains the string you want
to use in the XPath expression:

 <xsl:variable name="my_name"> "x" 'a z</xsl:variable>

 <xsl:template match="channel/location[@name=$my_name]">
   <xsl:value-of select="@name"/>
 </xsl:template>

You may need to play with it to get the white spaces handled correctly, I'm
not sure how you want to treat them...

- Eugene