FW: MSXML and Namespaces ... not fully implemented (was RE: Has docum ent(string) in MSXML 3 (July preview) worked for any one?)

-----Original Message-----
 From: Mitchell, Sara (PS, IT)
 Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 11:02 AM
 To: 'Eckenberger Axel'
 Subject: RE: MSXML and Namespaces ... not fully implemented
 (was RE: Has
 docum ent(string) in MSXML 3 (July preview) worked for any one?)

 Interesting -- although I don't think this is my problem (which
 I am still trying to solve). Neither the document nor the stylesheet
 are using namespaces.

 I think that the problem is that MSXML is being invoked from
 a script (JScript I believe) from inside XMetal. It loads my
 XML document and XSL sheet and uses transformNode.

 I believe the error is caused by a well known problem, that
 the Base URI
 is 'undefined' because all of this is happening in memory and
 so MSXML doesn't know where to find the file with a relative path --
 it's relative to nothing.

 I've since been trying to find out how to pass a parameter to the
 stylesheet (i.e., <xsl:param> at a global level), but can't
 seem to find
 the documentation on how to do this. (I've tried the MS SDK
 documentation
 and Mike Kay's book, but no luck.) I suppose I could literally
 change the stylesheet in memory using Mike Kay's example, but would
 prefer to do this with a method that will work in other XSLT
 processors also as we have another downstream process that is going
 to use XT.

 Thanks for looking :-),

 Sara