sorting the unique elements

hi,

I realise this has been asked a few times now, but after reading all the
FAQ's there are about XSLT and trying all kinds of codes I give up...
My problem is the following. I have an XML file like this:

<A>
	<D>
		<C/>
		<A><B/></A>
	</D>
	<B/>
</A>

I would like to generate a sortered output of the unique elements in the XML
file like this:

ABCD

but I keep getting AABBCD no matter wich technique from the FAQ's I use.

If I am misreading the FAQ's or not reading the correct answer from it, I
apologise, but after many hours of trying I am about to give up and try next
week...
If anyone here has a link to the correct solution to this problem or an
example I would appreciatte it very much

TIA,

David Valera