RE: XSLT and Text Processing Languages

>However, I still use Omnimark for somethings before and after XSLT, >such
as:
>* Converting from sgml empty tags to xml empty tags
>* Replacing the ampersand ("&") in source data entity references with
>"$!$"
>so that the pre-xslt xml parser doesn't try to resolve them.
>* Converting the prolog of the sgml file to a different prolog.

Addendum: I now use the root node, the starting element and CDATA sections
to generate the new doctype, instead of omnimark:

<xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:choose>
		<xsl:when test="bva.grp">
			<xsl:text
disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[<!DOCTYPE VALUE-ADD.GROUP PUBLIC
"-//Brooker's//DTD Brooker's Legislation Value-Add Group//EN">]]></xsl:text>
		</xsl:when>
		<xsl:when test="act">
			<xsl:text
disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[<!DOCTYPE ACT PUBLIC
"-//Brooker's//DTD Brooker's Act//EN">]]></xsl:text>
		</xsl:when>
etc

Matt
Warning: This email, including any attachments,
is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.
Republication and redissemination,
including posting to news groups or web pages,
is strictly prohibited without the express prior consent of Brooker's Limited.