RE: XSLT and Text Processing Languages

> So my question is the following: Does anyone have any feedback of >when
and
>where they would recommend using XSL/T, instead of Omnimark or any >other
text
>processing language?

I've been using XSLT in place of Omnimark scripting, and in some places in
conjunction with Omnimark scripting.
Things which make XSLT better than Omnimark:
* No need to validate against a DTD
* Simpler language and syntax
* Easier to debug, largely due to lack of data structures
* ... its just plain neater.

However, I still use Omnimark for somethings before and after XSLT, such as:
* Converting from sgml empty tags to xml empty tags
* Replacing the ampersand ("&") in source data entity references with "$!$"
so that the pre-xslt xml parser doesn't try to resolve them.
* Converting the prolog of the sgml file to a different prolog.
* Converting the xml empty tags back to sgml empty tags.

>My Question is, since other text processing languages like Omnimark >are
>available, are most of the advantages of XSL/T processing realized >when
using
>XSL/T in connection with the browser at load time.  And if this is the
>case, is
>Microsoft's MSXML the answer?

No. XSLT is simply a great language for transforming xml data.
XSL:fo should also be quite significant, although I'm unaware if browsers
are going to start supporting it, once the recommendation gets through. And
in regards to MSXML - don't bother, yet. Its still got a little ways to go,
in my opinion.
-Matt
Warning: This email, including any attachments,
is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.
Republication and redissemination,
including posting to news groups or web pages,
is strictly prohibited without the express prior consent of Brooker's Limited.