template output as text

<xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:call-template name="example"/>
</xsl:template>

The template "example" generates HTML tags. In the first column, I need to
print the outcome of the template "example" as a source code
(un-interpeted). While, I want it to be interpeted in the second column. How
can I do that?
Can I tell the compilor (I am using Xalan-J 1.2) to treat the output of the
template in the first column as text or CDATA?
<xsl:text><xsl:call-template name="example"/></xsl:text> does not work