Re: xsl-fo: dynamic headers with overflow, complex tables

Harald.Weyhing@ofd.mf.lsa-net.de (Harald Weyhing) writes:

> my second question is more complicated. i want to generate tables wich
> fill multiple pages. here it would be necessary to always have a line
> that consists of column-sums in the table-footer and in the header on
> the next page. i know that this question does not fit into the area
> concept of xsl-fo, but still perhaps somebody has some idea how to get
> that done.

If I understand correctly, you want to have a table that spans several
pages, and at the bottom of each page, a footer-row that contains the
sums of column values for that page (and a header-row on the next page
with the same value).

It is indeed not an typically fo issue, but an well-known problematic
test case for xsl in general (as well as CSS, as it were). As FO can't
do such calculations, the only way I can think of is to have XSLT
produce one table per page, correctly computing the number of rows and
the sums according to page size, font-size and everything. Not easy :-/

Max.

--
Max Froumentin - W3C