Re: XSL Transformations Requirements Version 1.1 - a crazy idea?

Steve Muench wrote:

> Francis,
>
> You may want to check out Michael Kay's implementation
> of the <saxon:function> extension element in Saxon 5.4:

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback - Mike's <saxon:function> was indeed exactly the
kind of thing I had in mind.

I appreciate that it might seem a bit of a violation of the spirit of
XSLT but if - as I think - it is in fact merely syntax sugar that makes
XSLT clearer and more concise I do hope it makes it into XSLT 2.0 as a
truly portable feature.

Francis.
--
Francis Norton.