Re: Built-in template rule for attributes

> One subtlety that's always confused me is: Why, given this built-in rule,
> is the value of each attribute *not* copied to the result tree?

because the default select attribute on apply-templates doesn't select
attributes.

If you llways did xsl:apply-templates select="*|@*" then that default
rule for attributes would fire and copy the attribute text. Thus the
default rule for attributes is (sometimes) useful, even thoigh, by
default, it doesn't ever fire)

David