Re: Having more then one output file for one Stylesheet

Deirdre,

>I was just wondering is it possible to have two separte output files for
>one Style Sheet.
>I need to create two different output files, an XML file and a text file,
>both containing different information.  I would like to be able to have the
>processing for this in one Stylesheet.  For this to work I need to be able
>to output to two different files.

There isn't the facility to do it within basic XSLT *but* most XSLT
processors have extension elements that allow you to direct output to a
particular file.  You haven't said what XSLT processor you're using, so I
recommend that you have a look at the documentation for that processor (or
tell us what you're using and someone will be able to tell you what you can
do with it).

The other option is to use a parameter within the stylesheet to indicate
whether text or XML should be produced on a particular run.  How you pass
parameters into the stylesheet and how you get the output directed to a
particular file are (again) dependent on the XSLT processor.

Sorry not to be of more help,

Jeni

Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com/