Avoiding hard-coding the included XSL file name

I use a Unix/Apache/JServ/Servlet/Xalan environment.
I have a common-attributes.xsl file which I include in all my xsl files.

The problem is that to get that file to be found I need to hard code the
file name as such:
<xsl:include href="http://sia1.sia.net/html/xsl/common_attributes.xsl"/>
or
<xsl:include href="/users/sia/html/xsl/common_attributes.xsl"/>

relative path to the xsl file or the servlet doesn't seem to work.

Does anybody know of a way to avoid this hard-coding?

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Sia.