M.Kay Examples in AppA: problems with IE5.5

I have a problem with running Michael's examples from Appendix A in a
server environment. When run off the hard disk, things are fine, but
when I place them on one of our servers, I run into timing problems with
IE5.5 (running on a fast NT machine):

I get an "data is not yet available for this operation"  error. it seems
the object.Load actions are done in the  background and that the
application of the stylesheet comes before both xml and xsl are fully
loaded. If I put in an alertbox and wait a second or two before clicking
on it, it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Gert Bultman
Delft Technical University