matching nodes and counting columns

Hello,

I am trying to convert a html  to wml and can't find out how to do two
things.
html is well-formed already.
1.  there is such html:
..
..
How can I apply one template to first <table> and another template to the
second <table>,
or how can I skip first and third tables and apply template to the second
only?
If I try this:
  <xsl:template match="body">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="table"/>
  </xsl:template>
then template with match="table" applyed to all <table> tags.

2. <table> tag in wml requires columns attribute with number of colums.
So actually I need to count number of <td> in first <tr> of the table
(lets say there are no colspans and rowspans in html)
<xsl:value-of select="count(tr/td)" /> - gives me a number of all <td> in
the table
I found a way out:
<xsl:value-of select="count(tr/td) div count(tr) "/>
(to divide number of cells by number of rows :-))
but that is probably not the best way doing it

Thanks,
Jonas