RE: apply templates with with-param on Xalan

> So now Im unsure how to proceede.  I still dont understand
> why the parameter is not set up, even though (it seems) the
> list root element has been correctly matched.  But when I add
> the /list to the document() call, the parameter is correctly set up.

Maybe you are just confused about terminology. Realize that an XML document
has a 'root node', that has one child element: in your case, a list element.
The list element is not the same as the root. You would call the list
element a 'document element' or 'top-level element'.

You can also look at the FAQ under Terminology:
http://www.dpawson.freeserve.co.uk/xsl/jargon.html

Linda