RE: multilanguage support easily or including xml data dynamicall y

I guess this is the only list in the known universe where you
can ask a q like this and not only not get flamed to a fritter,
but actually get back a patient answer from a wizard, and one
that actually helped me, at least, to see something I already
thought I new in a usefully different light.

(Juggy:)
> > What does this <xsl:apply-templates...> really do? I read
some
> > doc about it, but I still can't grasp the concept of it.
Isn't it's
> > purpose to select things, such as <xsl:for-each>?

(Mike K:)

> If you haven't understood xsl:apply-templates then you haven't
understood
> XSLT: it's rather fundamental.
>
> It selects the set of nodes identified by the XPath expression
in the select
> attribute, and for each of these nodes, it looks for the "best
match"
> xsl:template rule to apply to that node. The "best match" is a
template rule
> whose match pattern matches the node, and if there are
several, the one that
> has the highest precedence/priority.
>
> If there is no select attribute, it selects the children of
the current
> node.

Michael Beddow