Re: ANN: Maintenance 4xt

Eric van der Vlist writes:
 > > Has its current maintainer announced that he no longer supports it?
 >
 > I hope its current maintainer will answer your email.
 >
 > He hasn't answered ours and we've this considered as an answer.

Good gracious, that does not sound legal or polite at all! James
definitely holds the copyright on the name, at least, and the fact
that he doesn't reply to your email does not mean you can assume tacit
permission. You should make a new product, with a different name, if
you change it; just like the OpenJade people did with James' jade. And
in that case he did clearly state that he did not intend to do more
work on jade himself.

Sebastian